|Candidate for Wisconsin State Assembly District 14
Kooyenga graduated with honors from Lakeland College in Sheboygan. He earned Masters in business Administration from Marquette University. He is a Certified Public Accountant.
He serves as an Officer in the United States Army Reserve. 
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Kooyenga defeated Republicans David Coon, Dennis Kaun, Chris Maurer, Michael Olen, and Ryan Shulander in the primary election. He was unopposed in the November 2 general election. 
Kooyenga lists the following issues on his campaign website:
- Jobs and the Economy - Wants to lower the tax burden on small business.
- Human life - Supports the protection of the unborn.
- State Finances - Supports cutting wasteful spending and government debt.
- Right to Bear Arms - Supports keeping weapons away from violent criminals and felons.
- Taxes - Has signed a pledge not to raise taxes.
- Education - Supports school vouchers in order to encourage competition.
- Voter ID - Supports requiring photo ID for voting.
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Kooyenga on Facebook
- Kooyenga on Twitter
- Kooyenga on LinkedIn
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |