Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Wisconsin, District 7|
Lehner lists his campaign platform on his website:
- "America’s government needs reform if we are to retain our excellence and exceptionalism. I favor changes to the Constitution to reflect the size of our country, the development of a National Treasury, the protection of our individual rights, the joint sovereignty of the States, and the reduction of federal laws related to the people.
- Corporations are not people and I would seek legislation that defines corporate rights and responsibilities as a legal fictional entity to separate it from personhood.
- I believe that the word “infringed” was placed in the second Amendment for a reason and that the right to bear arms is being infringed upon today. I would seek changes in all federal laws to recognize that properly trained, reasonable, and responsible citizens can bear arms across state lines, across city boundaries, and across America.
- There are tasks and responsibilities that only big companies working with big government can perform. I support a government large enough to make big companies tow the line and I support companies big enough to compete around the world.
- I support American citizenship and the right of the USA to control its borders. If there are illegals caught in America, I support their return to their country of origin. There are reasons to become Americans and I support laws that value American citizenship over illegal residents. I support illegals that wish to obtain citizenship, that are employed, and that have been good citizens in all other aspects. I support sending illegal criminals to foreign countries to serve their time and be released.
- I do not favor abortion but I reject any effort toward legislative action until there are 50% women in Congress. Men with the force of law do not have the right to legislate towards women citizens on what to do if/when life is created. I reject any federal funding of abortion but support federal funding for education programs for life affirmation and responsible birth control.
- I support modifying the 17th Amendment to restore State government representation in the Senate. I favor increasing the House proportionally with population growth."
|U.S. House, Wisconsin District 7 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Sean Duffy Incumbent||56.1%||201,720|
|Source: Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
Candidates for Congress were required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2012 elections season. Below are Lehner's reports.
|Dale Lehner Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 13, 2012||$0||$1,058.91||$(19.74)||$1,039.17|
|July Quarterly||July 17, 2012||$1,039.17||$0||$(431.01)||$608.16|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dale + Lehner + Wisconsin + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website Issues
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Candidates registered by office," Accessed June 10, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Dale Lehner's April Quarterly Report," Accessed October 11, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Dale Lehner's July Quarterly Report," Accessed October 11, 2012