|Michigan House of Representatives District 42|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Fulton High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee|
|Master's||Eastern Michigan University|
|Place of birth||Knoxville, Tennessee|
Rogers earned his B.S. in Industrial Education in 1982 from the University of Tennessee, and his M.S. Interdisciplinary Technology in 1994 from Eastern Michigan University. His professional experience includes working as a career and technical education teacher at Novi High School, as well as an adjunct professor at Madonna University. He is a National Board Certified teacher with three decades of experience.
Rogers' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "However, much of Michigan’s unemployment rate is not due to the lack of job opportunities; it is due to the mismatch of skills for our current graduates. There are many skilled technical job openings going unfilled in our state because of the lack of qualified applicants. As a result, this is partly why jobs and education are such an important issues to me."
- Excerpt: "Being a teacher of 32 years, education is a very important issue to me. I believe Michigan needs someone with a solid background in education in the legislature to help reform our educational system for the 21st century. I believe that Michigan needs a school curriculum and a qualified teaching force for the 21st century that will prepare our students to meet the challenges of a 21st century global economy."
- Excerpt: "I believe Michigan’s tax structure is in need of a major reform. I believe we need to consolidate our current tax system and develop a balanced system that encourages economic growth but provides the dependable revenue streams that can ensure the reliable state and local governmental services that our citizens deserve."
Transparency in Government and Respecting the Will of the People
- Excerpt: "I believe we need a state legislature that is forthright and doesn’t misuse the state constitution to play games with legislation to subvert the will of the people."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Timothy Johnson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Lana Theis defeated Nick Fiani, Rich Perlberg and Dale Rogers in the Republican primary.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 42 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Bill Rogers Incumbent||73.4%||8,575|
Rogers and his wife, Leann, have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dale + Rogers + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 42
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Dale Rogers on Facebook
- Dale Rogers on Twitter
- Dale Rogers for Michigan House of Representatives, Facebook page, accessed August 6, 2012
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Dale Rogers for State Representative Committee, accessed August 6, 2012
- dale4staterep.com, "Issues," accessed July 29, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 6, 2012
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |