|Board member, West Allis-West Milwaukee Board of Education, At-large|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||April 1, 2014|
|First elected||April 5, 2011|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin-Whitewater|
Bailey earned his bachelor's degree in communication from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. He is a contractor with HighPower Communications. Bailey and his wife, Pam, have four children. He has volunteered his time with the Good Samaritan Outreach Center and the MACC Fund.
|West Allis-West Milwaukee School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, April 1, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Dan Bailey Incumbent||26.9%||2,645|
|Nonpartisan||Gail Radonski Incumbent||26.3%||2,587|
|Nonpartisan||Kristi Bonaparte Incumbent||20.5%||2,021|
|Source: Information submitted to Ballotpedia through e-mail from LaVonne Kirchner on May 12, 2014.|
Bailey did not report any contributions or expenditures to the school district office. State law allows candidates to claim exempt status from campaign finance reporting if contributions and expenditures do not exceed $1,000 during a calendar year.
Bailey did not receive any official endorsements for his campaign.
|West Allis-West Milwaukee School District, At-large General Election, 3-year term, April 5, 2011|
|Nonpartisan||Barbara Suleiman Incumbent||14.9%||4,315|
|Nonpartisan||Jane Edgar Incumbent||14.7%||4,263|
|Source: West Allis Now, "Faces change on WA-WM School Board," April 6, 2011|
Bailey explained his reasons for running in 2014 in an interview with West Allis Now:
There are many reasons people should vote for me, but mostly I want to run again for the children — to provide them a solid foundation that we will continue to build upon to be successful in today's world. Other reasons include my constant interest in the schools as my grandchildren attend them. Secondly, I care about how tax dollars are spent. Also, I have been heavily involved in school and community activities. Being on the board has been a great experience and I would like to continue. I am still up to the challenge and look for your support.
—West Allis Now, (2014), 
About the districtWest Allis, Wisconsin, a city located in Milwaukee County. According to the United States Census Bureau, West Allis is home to 60,732 residents. West Allis-West Milwaukee School District is the 12th-largest school district in Wisconsin, serving 9,281 students during the 2011-2012 school year.
West Allis underperformed in comparison to the rest of Wisconsin in terms of higher education achievement in 2010. The United States Census Bureau found that 21.0 percent of West Allis residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.4 percent for Wisconsin as a whole. The median household income in West Allis was $44,066 compared to $52,627 for the state of Wisconsin. The poverty rate in West Allis was 14.2 percent compared to 12.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dan + Bailey + West + Allis + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District, Wisconsin
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District elections (2014)
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District, "Board of Education Biography Info," accessed April 17, 2014
- West Allis Now, "General election voters guide for West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board," March 18, 2014
- Information submitted through email from LaVonne Kirchner on April 23, 2014.
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Campaign Finance Overview: Local Candidates," May 2010
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- United States Census Bureau, "West Allis, Wisconsin," accessed April 17, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed January 27, 2014
- Milwaukee County Election Commission, "Election Results," accessed April 17, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
|2014 West Allis-West Milwaukee School District Elections|
|West Allis, Wisconsin|
|Election date:||April 1, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Dan Bailey • Kristi Bonaparte • Diane Narlock • Gail Radonski|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|