|North Carolina State Senate District 14|
|2009 - Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||May 19, 2009|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|North Carolina House of Representatives|
|1981 – 2002, 2006 – 2009|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina Central University (1970)|
|J.D.||Duke University Law School (1973)|
|Date of birth||April 18, 1949|
|Place of birth||Lumberton, North Carolina|
Blue served in the North Carolina State House from 1981 to 2002 and again from 2006 to 2009. From 1991 to 1994 he was Speaker of the House. He joined the North Carolina State Senate in 2009. He has served in that position since, representing the 14th district.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Blue has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Blue served on these committees:
- Appropriations/Base Budget Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Commerce Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Judiciary I Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Rules and Operations of the Senate Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Ways & Means Committee, North Carolina State Senate
Blue is unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 8.
|North Carolina Senate, General Election Results, District 14 (2010)|
|Daniel Blue, Jr. (D)||40,746||65.92%|
|Geoffrey Hurlburt (R)||21,067||34.08%|
Blue was not opposed in the primary election on May 4, 2010.
In 2010, Blue collected $184,922 in donations.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Blue's campaign in 2010|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield Of North Carolina||$5,000|
|Bank Of America||$4,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$184,922|
Blue earned his BS in Mathematics from North Carolina Central University in 1970. He went on to receive his JD from Duke University Law School in 1973.
Blue was an employee at the Law Offices of Terry Sanford from 1973 to 1976. He has been Partner of Thigpen, Blue, Stephens and Fellers Law Firm since 1976.
Blue and his wife Edna have one child.
- North Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Daniel Blue, Jr.
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Senator Blue's facebook
|North Carolina State Senate District 14
| Succeeded by|