|Illinois State Senate District 26|
|January 2009 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Duffy graduated with his Bachelor's degree in Speech Communications from Augustana College
Duffy owns his own computer consulting business in addition to being a Senator.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Duffy has been appointed to these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Insurance Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Pensions and Investments Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Redistricting Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Revenue Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Legislative Audit Commission
- Subcommittee on Pension Reforms, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Special Issues (Revenue)
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Duffy served on these committees:
- Consumer Protection
- Executive Appointments
- Human Services
- Pensions and Investments Ranking Republican Member.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Duffy won re-election to the Illinois State Senate in District 26 in the 2012 election. Duffy was unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and defeated Democrat Amanda Howland in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 26 (2008)|
|Dan Duffy (R)||68,463|
|Bill Gentes (D)||41,740|
In 2008, Duffy collected $976,082 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Republican State Senate Campaign CMTE of Illinois||$356,192|
|Illinois Republican Party||$148,560|
|Kris & Dan Duffy||$50,000|
|Illinois Health Care Association||$28,207|
|Illinois Chamber of Commerce||$24,000|
|Illinois Manufacturers Association||$17,300|
|National Federation of Independent Business||$15,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$10,236|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$7,500|
|Citizens for Frank Watson||$6,000|
|John & Jeannine Roeser||$6,000|
|Lisa Wagner Co.||$5,495|
|Citizens for Peterson||$5,200|
|Lawrence T. P. Molloy||$5,000|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$5,000|
|Bruce Vincent Rauner||$5,000|
|Robert & Lynn Burt||$5,000|
|Alexander D. & Robin Stuart||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dan + Duffy + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Duffy represents Illinois Senate District 26. District 26 includes Chicago suburbs located in Western Lake County.
Dana is married to Kris Duffy. They have five children and reside in Lake Barrington, Illinois.
- Dan Duffy's campaign website
- Sen. Duffy's website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Dan Duffy on Facebook
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Duffy Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|