|Illinois State Senate District 26|
|January 2009 - Present|
|January 11, 2017|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
Duffy graduated with his Bachelor's degree in Speech Communications from Augustana College
Duffy owns his own computer consulting business in addition to being a Senator.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Duffy served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Committee of the Whole|
|• Environment, Minority Spokesperson|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Duffy served on these committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Committee of the Whole|
|• Pensions and Investments, Ranking Minority Member|
|• Legislative Audit|
- Subcommittee on Pension Reforms, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Special Issues (Revenue)
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Duffy served on these committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Consumer Protection|
|• Executive Appointments|
|• Human Services|
|• Pensions and Investments, Ranking Republican Member|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Duffy won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 26. Duffy was unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and defeated Democrat Amanda Howland in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 26, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dan Duffy Incumbent||62.9%||63,510|
|Illinois State Senate, District 26 (2008)|
|Dan Duffy (R)||68,463|
|Bill Gentes (D)||41,740|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008, Duffy collected $976,082 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Republican State Senate Campaign CMTE of Illinois||$356,192|
|Illinois Republican Party||$148,560|
|Kris & Dan Duffy||$50,000|
|Illinois Health Care Association||$28,207|
|Illinois Chamber of Commerce||$24,000|
|Illinois Manufacturers Association||$17,300|
|National Federation of Independent Business||$15,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$10,236|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$7,500|
|Citizens for Frank Watson||$6,000|
|John & Jeannine Roeser||$6,000|
|Lisa Wagner Co.||$5,495|
|Citizens for Peterson||$5,200|
|Lawrence T. P. Molloy||$5,000|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$5,000|
|Bruce Vincent Rauner||$5,000|
|Robert & Lynn Burt||$5,000|
|Alexander D. & Robin Stuart||$5,000|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Duffy received a score of 100.00 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of A+ according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the highest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dan + Duffy + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Dan+Duffy+Illinois+Senate&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Dan Duffy News Feed
Duffy represents Illinois Senate District 26. District 26 includes Chicago suburbs located in Western Lake County.
Dan is married to Kris Duffy. They have five children and reside in Lake Barrington, Illinois.
- Dan Duffy's campaign website
- Dan Duffy's legislative website
- Biography, bills and committees at the Illinois General Assembly
- Profile at Facebook
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Profile at Wikipedia
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Duffy Campaign Donors
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|