Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Washington House of Representatives, District 35a|
Griffey's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt:"Protecting existing jobs and promoting a business friendly environment to create new ones is a top priority of mine."
- Excerpt:"All children deserve the same opportunities. They deserve the best teachers and the best environment in which to thrive. Our future depends on their success, and we must give them nothing short of what we expect from them- greatness."
- Excerpt:"We must remember that every dollar the state spends comes from a hardworking taxpayer. I believe we should base our budgets on actual revenues- not hoped for revenues. I am listing several ideas below for getting our budget back on track and preventing future spending problems."
- Excerpt:"The number one responsibility of our elected officials is to protect the citizens’ individual rights and freedoms. I do believe a reasonable degree of security is necessary to allow for the exercise of these freedoms. I will always keep this in mind when weighing potential votes on legislation."
- Excerpt:"A well-connected infrastructure not only benefits the driving public, but also encourages new business in Washington, providing jobs and opportunities for economic growth."
Griffey ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 35a. Griffey ran unopposed in the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by incumbent Kathy Haigh (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 35a, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kathy Haigh Incumbent||51.4%||33,263|
Dan Griffey ran for the Washington State House of Representatives District 35a. He ran unopposed in the August 17, 2010 primary. He was defeated by Democrat Kathy Haigh in the November 2, 2010 general election.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 35a Primary (2010)|
|Kathy Haigh (D)||17,727||50.33%|
|Daniel Griffey (R)||17,495||49.67%|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dan + Griffey + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |