|Minnesota State Senate, District 56|
|2011 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Profession||Minister/Founder, Midwest Chaplains|
Hall attended Minneapolis Augsburg College. His professional experience includes founding and serving as CEO of Midwest Chaplains.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hall served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State and Local Government|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hall served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environment and Natural Resources, Vice-chair|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Judiciary and Public Safety|
Hall's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "A market driven system fosters competition, which ensures the availability of many goods and services at the best possible price."
- Excerpt: "Everyone is asked to live within their means, government must do the same. We must ease the tax burden on all taxpaying citizens."
- Excerpt: "Private industry is far more efficient and effective in use of money than the government. Money is best spent by the citizens who earned it. I believe that if government has less money, it becomes more efficient and cost-effective."
- Excerpt: "We need a comprehensive restructuring of taxes, and required forms. Government agencies need to have a much friendlier attitude towards businesses with the goal of helping those businesses succeed, rather than driving them out of the state."
A Business Friendly Minnesota
- Excerpt: "Small business is an integral part of Minnesota’s economic foundation. Small business is vital to our economic vitality. We must encourage entrepreneurship by allowing smaller businesses to thrive and compete."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Hall won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 55. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Leon Thurman (D) in the general election on November 6.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 56, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dan Hall Incumbent||54%||22,226|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 40 (2010)|
|Dan Hall (R)||14852||50.98%|
|John Doll (DFL)||14242||48.89%|
Comprehensive donor information for Hall is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Hall raised a total of $90,136 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|Dan Hall's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State Senate, District 56||$37,516|
|2010||Minnesota State Senate, District 40||$52,620|
|Grand Total Raised||$90,136|
2012Hall won re-election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Hall raised a total of $37,516.
|Minnesota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Hall's campaign in 2012|
|56th Senate District RPM||$1,000|
|40th Senate District RPM||$1,000|
|Todd Johnson House District 40A Committee||$860|
|Total Raised in 2012||$37,516|
|Source: Follow the Money|
2010Hall won election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Hall raised a total of $52,620.
|Minnesota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Hall's campaign in 2010|
|Todd Johnson House District 40A Committee||$1,720|
|40th Senate District RPM||$1,550|
|House District 40A Committee Dan D. Hall||$1,331|
|2nd Congressional District RPM||$780|
|Total Raised in 2010||$52,620|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Hall and his wife, Valerie, have eight children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dan + Hall + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Campaign Facebook page
- "votedanhall," Official Campaign Website
- Rick Santorum for President, "SANTORUM ANNOUNCES MINNESOTA LEADERSHIP ENDORSEMENTS," February 6, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 22, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Secretary of State Official general election results
- Follow the Money, "Hall, Dan." Retrieved June 28, 2013.
Ted Lillie (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 56
| Succeeded by|
John Doll (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 40
| Succeeded by|
Chris Eaton (DFL)