For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Dan Hawkins (Texas)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 99|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas - Arlington, 1990|
|Master's||University of North Texas, 1992|
Hawkins' professional experience includes working as a librarian and technology professional. He earned his BA in English from the University of Texas - Arlington in 1990 and his M.S. in Library Science from the University of North Texas in 1992.
Hawkins' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Cut Taxes and Spending
- "I would vote to repeal the business margins tax that was proposed and signed in 2006 by Republican Governor Rick Perry, and filed by Rep. Jim Keffer (Republican from Eastland). "
- "I would file a bill to cut the state sales tax from 6.25% to 4%."
- "Those two tax reductions would reduce state revenue by about $25 billion over the next two years*. I propose cutting expenditures to match. (The current total budget is about $172 billion.) I support across-the-board cuts, and I note that most of the cuts will need to come from the two largest areas of state spending: education and health and human services."
Relief for Small Businesses
- "I would file legislation to reduce the power of cities to use permitting ordinances to limit and block businesses."
- "I would file legislation to repeal many anti-competitive occupational licensing laws."
- "I would file a bill to prohibit local governments from using tax subsidies to pick winners and losers."
- "I believe that government's sole function is to protect each individual's rights to life, liberty, and property. When government enacts and enforces laws that do anything beyond this, it is overstepping its bounds. I will work to get government back to this primary function."
Hawkins ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 99. Hawkins ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and was defeated by incumbent Charlie Geren (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 99, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Charlie Geren Incumbent||66.2%||36,715|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dan + Hawkins + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |