Dan Hughes (California)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. Senate, California|
|Bachelor's||Kettering University, 1990|
|Master's||Pepperdine University, 2003|
|Place of birth||March 5, 1967|
Hughes's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Healthcare Reform
- Excerpt: "Unfortunately, Dianne Feinstein voted to approve President Obama’s healthcare law, commonly referred to as Obamacare, despite the fact that more than half of Americans opposed the law. The Obama healthcare law was 2091 pages as passed by Congress, but federal agencies, under President Obama’s direction are writing tens of thousands of new pages of regulations under the authority granted by the law."
- Reforming our Tax Code so America can Prosper
- Excerpt: "Reforming our Tax Code so America can Prosper:
It’s time for leadership that encourages job creation and protects our American tradition of innovation, creativity and opportunity. "
- An End to Career Politicians
- Excerpt: "The average member of Congress in a leadership position has served in office for twenty-seven years, while on average, members of Congress serve just ten years. Congress is an institution dominated by career politicians, with little opportunity for the citizen legislator to make a real difference."
- Eliminating Red-Tape and Reforming job-killing Regulations
- Excerpt: "We must ensure that regulations and policies encourage job creation and continue our American tradition of supporting innovation, creativity and investment while balancing our social and environmental needs. Presently, Congress has no mechanism to evaluate and consider the impact on job creation and our economy that new regulations will have."
- Government Spending
- Excerpt: "Excessive government spending is destroying America. Even as unsound federal laws distorted lending rules and destabilized our once solid housing market, excessive government spending has caused dire concern about hyper-inflation of our currency and uncertainty in the American economy."
Hughes and his wife, Amy, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dan + Hughes + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 | 2016 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |