For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Dan Johnson (Idaho)
|Idaho State Senate District 6|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||December 20, 2011|
|Appointed by||Gov. Butch Otter|
|Place of birth||Salina, KS|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Johnson served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Transportation, Vice Chair|
|• Local Government and Taxation|
|• Joint Finance-Appropriations|
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Idaho State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Pete Gertonson was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Dan Johnson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Gertonson was defeated by Johnson in the general election.
|Idaho State Senate, District 6, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Dan Johnson Incumbent||63.4%||7,884|
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
Johnson won election in the 2012 election for Idaho State Senate District 6. Johnson defeated Jeff Nesset in the Republican primary on May 15 and defeated John Bradbury (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho State Senate, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dan Johnson Incumbent||55.4%||10,168|
|Idaho State Senate District 6 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Johnson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Johnson raised a total of $37,391 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|Dan Johnson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Idaho State Senate, District 6||$37,391|
|Grand Total Raised||$37,391|
2012Johnson won election to the Idaho State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Johnson raised a total of $37,391.
|Idaho State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Johnson (Idaho)'s campaign in 2012|
|Senate Republican Pac of Idaho||$2,000|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$1,500|
|Idaho Cmte on Hospitality & Sports||$1,000|
|Conservation Voters for Idaho||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$37,391|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Johnson received a score of 46 points in the 2013 index, ranking 10th out of 35 members of the Idaho State Senate that were evaluated for the study.
Johnson and his wife, Jean, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dan + Johnson + Idaho + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Idaho State Senate - Dan Johnson
- Profile from Open States
- Facebook page
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Governor of the State of Idaho, "DAN JOHNSON NAMED TO COMPLETE JOE STEGNER'S IDAHO SENATE TERM," December 20, 2011
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 20, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed July 4, 2012
- Office of the Idaho Secretary of State, "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2012," accessed March 14, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Johnson, Dan," accessed August 30, 2013
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Dan Schmidt (D)
|Idaho State Senate District 6
| Succeeded by|
|Idaho State Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|
Sheryl L. Nuxoll (R)