|Kansas State Senate District 26|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Kansas House of Representatives District 93|
|Bachelor's||Kansas State University|
|Birthday||August 2, 1952|
|Place of birth||Wichita, Kansas|
Kershen is currently a board member of the Cattlemen's Beef Board, operating committee member of Hiland/Roberts Dairy Foods Co, and director of the Dairy Farmers of America.
He has a BA from Kansas State University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kerschen served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Natural Resources, Vice-chair|
|• Agriculture, Vice-chair|
|• Ways and Means|
|• Financial Institutions and Insurance|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kerschen served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources, Vice-chair|
|• Commerce and Economic Development|
|• Economic Development|
|• Transportation and Public Safety Budget|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kerschen served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Commerce and Labor|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
Kerschen's answers to the Kansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test are available.
In the test he lists his legislative priorities as "School finance reform and addressing teacher shortages, Caps on property tax valuations," and "Energy policy - including the research and development of alternative fuel sources."
- H 2150 Property taxation; 2% limit on valuation increases. 02/27/2009
- See also: Kansas State Senate elections, 2012
Kerschen won election in the 2012 election for Kansas State Senate District 26. Kerschen defeated Dick Kelsey in the August 7 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas State Senate, District 26 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Dick Kelsey Incumbent||42.4%||2,883|
Kerschen won re-election to the 93rd District Seat in 2010 with no opposition. He was also unopposed in the GOP primary. XLASTX defeated [[ ]] in the general election, which took place on November 2, 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Kerschen was elected to the 93rd District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating Joann Keiter (D).  Kerschen raised $18,060 for his campaign, while Keiter raised $7,098. 
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 93|
|Dan Kerschen (R)||6,438||66.5%|
|Joann Keiter (D)||3,238||33.4%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Kerschen received $13,615 in campaign donations. The largest contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Kerschen's campaign in 2010|
|Kansas Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
|Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation||$1,000|
|Wichita Area Chamber Of Commerce||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$13,615|
In 2008 Kerschen collected $18,060 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|4th District Republican Central Committee||$500|
|Associated General Contractors of Kansas||$500|
|Koch Mineral Services||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dan + Kerschen + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas Legislature - Dan Kerschen
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kerschen Biography
- Kansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 Primary (official)," retrieved July 4, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Kansas General Election Results," accessed November 7, 2012
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- 2008 Kansas Election Results
- Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
Dick Kelsey (R)
|Kansas State Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|
|Kansas House of Representatives District 93
| Succeeded by|
Joe Edwards (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |