For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 34|
|High school||Guilford High School|
|J.D.||John Marshall Law School|
Lewandowski earned a degree in political science and Public administration from Augustana College, and a J.D. from John Marshall Law School. After graduating he went to work with Prairie State Legal Services.
Lewandowski became Chairman of the Winnebago County Democratic Party in 2008.
Lewandowski's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Dan is the candidate who will use Democratic principles to bring new
businesses to the area, create jobs, and grow our economy."
- Excerpt: "Dan knows the importance of a good education and quality public schools. He wants to make sure our kids get a world-class education; giving our teachers the tools they need, preparing our children to succeed, and retraining workers to compete in the global economy."
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "Dan supports bringing increased public and private investment to Rockford, creating jobs and building new businesses."
- The Rights of Women
- Excerpt: "Dan believes that equal rights are essential to increasing womens economic equality and freedom, and he supports increasing womens access to quality healthcare, including pre-natal care."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Lewandowski ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 34. Lewandowski lost in the Democratic primary on March 28, 2012. He faced Steve Stadelman, Glenn Patterson and Marla Wilson. Incumbent Dave Syverson is not running for re-election in District 34, however he is running in District 35. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate Democratic Primary, 2012|
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Dan Lewandowski for State Senate Facebook page
- Dan Lewandowski on Twitter