Difference between revisions of "Dan Quart"
m (Text replace - " JD " to " J.D. ")
|Line 57:||Line 57:|
Quart graduated from Binghamton University, and earned a
Quart graduated from Binghamton University, and earned a from St. John’s Law School. His professional experience includes being a partner at Babchik & Young, LLP, volunteering at the Legal Aid Society's Housing Division, and doing pro bono legal work with Eviction Intervention Services. Quart is a member of Community Board 8. <ref>[http://www.facebook.com/DanQuartforStateAssembly Dan Quart, Facebook page, "Info"]</ref>
Revision as of 04:32, 5 September 2013
|New York State Assembly District 73|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||September 2011|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||St. John’s Law School|
Quart graduated from Binghamton University, and earned a J.D. from St. John’s Law School. His professional experience includes being a partner at Babchik & Young, LLP, volunteering at the Legal Aid Society's Housing Division, and doing pro bono legal work with Eviction Intervention Services. Quart is a member of Community Board 8. 
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Quart served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Alcoholism and Drug Abuse|
|• Consumer Affairs and Protection|
|• Corporations, Authorities and Commissions|
|• Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development|
On his campaign site, Quart highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Education: "Dan will secure funding in Albany for construction of elementary and middle schools to alleviate overcrowding, reduce class size and fund innovative programs that attract and maintain quality teachers."
- Transportation: "Dan will work to restructure the MTA to ensure dedicated funding streams so our subways, buses and roads do not fall into disrepair."
- Job Creation: "Dan will work to establish tax-free sales zones and tax exemptions for small business owners."
- Housing: "Dan will work to pass legislation providing additional rent protection to seniors."
- Environment: "With the East Side suffering from the worst air quality in Manhattan, Dan will partner with City officials to create an incentive program to help landlords retrofit boilers to newer clean-fuel model."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Quart ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 73. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. He defeated David B. Casavis in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 73, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Dan Quart Incumbent||68.9%||32,146|
|Republican||David B. Casavis||31.1%||14,501|
Debate, 2011 special election
New York television station, NY1, hosted a short debate between the District 73 special election candidates. Video of the debate can be found here.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2012, Quart’s endorsements included the following:
Quart is married to his wife Miriam. They have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dan + Quart + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly-Rep. Dan Quart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Dan Quart, Twitter feed
- DNAinfo.com, "Upper East Side Assembly Candidate Vows to Crack Down on Dirty Heating Oil," August 23, 2011
- Dan Quart, Facebook page, "Info"
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- Gotham Gazette, "More Elections, Less Suspense," June 9, 2011
- Wall Street Journal, "6 of 6 Dems capture NY Assembly special elections," September 13, 2011
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- Dan Quart, Facebook page, "Info"
|New York Assembly District 73
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |