|New York State Assembly District 73|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||September 2011|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||St. John’s Law School|
Quart graduated from Binghamton University and earned his J.D. from St. John’s Law School. His professional experience includes being a partner at Babchik & Young, LLP, volunteering at the Legal Aid Society's Housing Division, and doing pro bono legal work with Eviction Intervention Services. Quart is a member of Community Board 8. 
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Quart served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Alcoholism and Drug Abuse|
|• Consumer Affairs and Protection|
|• Corporations, Authorities and Commissions|
|• Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development|
On his campaign site, Quart highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Education: "Dan will secure funding in Albany for construction of elementary and middle schools to alleviate overcrowding, reduce class size and fund innovative programs that attract and maintain quality teachers."
- Transportation: "Dan will work to restructure the MTA to ensure dedicated funding streams so our subways, buses and roads do not fall into disrepair."
- Job Creation: "Dan will work to establish tax-free sales zones and tax exemptions for small business owners."
- Housing: "Dan will work to pass legislation providing additional rent protection to seniors."
- Environment: "With the East Side suffering from the worst air quality in Manhattan, Dan will partner with City officials to create an incentive program to help landlords retrofit boilers to newer clean-fuel model."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Quart ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 73. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. He defeated David B. Casavis in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 73, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Dan Quart Incumbent||68.9%||32,146|
|Republican||David B. Casavis||31.1%||14,501|
Debate, 2011 special election
New York television station, NY1, hosted a short debate between the District 73 special election candidates. Video of the debate can be found here.
Comprehensive donor information for Dan Quart is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Dan Quart raised a total of $321,992 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 24, 2013.
|Dan Quart's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New York State Assembly, District 73||$183,378|
|2011||New York State Assembly special elections, District 73||$138,614|
|Grand Total Raised||$321,992|
2012Dan Quart won re-election to the New York State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Dan Quart raised a total of $183,378.
|New York State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Quart's campaign in 2012|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$6,000|
|The Kellner Cmte||$4,100|
|Metallic Lathers Local 46||$4,100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$183,378|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2012, Quart’s endorsements included the following:
Quart is married to his wife Miriam. They have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dan + Quart + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly-Rep. Dan Quart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Dan Quart, Twitter feed
- DNAinfo.com, "Upper East Side Assembly Candidate Vows to Crack Down on Dirty Heating Oil," August 23, 2011
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2011
- Dan Quart, Facebook page, "Info"
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- Gotham Gazette, "More Elections, Less Suspense," June 9, 2011
- Wall Street Journal, "6 of 6 Dems capture NY Assembly special elections," September 13, 2011
- followthemoney.org, "Quart, Dan" Accessed September 24, 2013
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- Dan Quart, Facebook page, "Info"
|New York Assembly District 73
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |