For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Illinois State Senate District 53|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Rutherford graduated from Illinois State with his Bachelor's degree in 1978. Also, Rutherford served as a Legislative Assistant for former State Representative Tom Ewing from 1978 to 1980 and was a Business Executive.
Illinois State Senate
Rutherford serves on these committees:
- Executive Appointments
- Financial Institutions Ranking Republican Member
- Telecommunications and Technology .
Rutherford won his campaign for state treasurer in the November 2, 2010 election.
|Illinois State Senate, District 53 (2008)|
|Dan Rutherford (R)||90,199|
In 2008, Rutherford collected $770,475 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Muneer A. Satter||$50,000|
|James J. Liautaud||$25,000|
|Terence M. Graunke||$25,000|
|CMTE for Legislative Action||$10,000|
|Illinois Bankers Association||$7,500|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$6,000|
|HSBC North America||$5,000|
|Alexander D. Stuart||$5,000|
|Robert D. Stuart Jr.||$5,000|
|Deborah M. Olinger||$5,000|
|Citizens for Dale A. Righter||$5,000|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$4,250|
|Richard W. Porter||$4,000|
|Albert C. Hanna||$4,000|
|Illinois Health Care Association||$4,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$3,800|
|Illinois Automatic Merchandising Council||$3,625|
Rutherford represents Illinois Senate District 53. District 53 includes the Central Illinois including the City of Pontiac.
Rutherford resides in Pontiac, Illinois.
- Dan Rutherford's campaign website
- Sen. Rutherford's website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Dan Rutherford on Facebook
- "New Ill. GOP comptroller, treasurer: no blank checks for Dem gov’s borrowing," Illinois Statehouse News, November 10, 2010
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Rutherford Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 53
| Succeeded by|