|Illinois State Senate District 53|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Rutherford graduated from Illinois State with his Bachelor's degree in 1978. Also, Rutherford served as a Legislative Assistant for former State Representative Tom Ewing from 1978 to 1980 and was a Business Executive.
Illinois State Senate
Rutherford serves on these committees:
- Executive Appointments
- Financial Institutions Ranking Republican Member
- Telecommunications and Technology .
Rutherford won his campaign for state treasurer in the November 2, 2010 election.
|Illinois State Senate, District 53 (2008)|
|Dan Rutherford (R)||90,199|
In 2008, Rutherford collected $770,475 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Muneer A. Satter||$50,000|
|James J. Liautaud||$25,000|
|Terence M. Graunke||$25,000|
|CMTE for Legislative Action||$10,000|
|Illinois Bankers Association||$7,500|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$6,000|
|HSBC North America||$5,000|
|Alexander D. Stuart||$5,000|
|Robert D. Stuart Jr.||$5,000|
|Deborah M. Olinger||$5,000|
|Citizens for Dale A. Righter||$5,000|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$4,250|
|Richard W. Porter||$4,000|
|Albert C. Hanna||$4,000|
|Illinois Health Care Association||$4,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$3,800|
|Illinois Automatic Merchandising Council||$3,625|
Rutherford represents Illinois Senate District 53. District 53 includes the Central Illinois including the City of Pontiac.
Rutherford resides in Pontiac, Illinois.
- Dan Rutherford's campaign website
- Sen. Rutherford's website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Dan Rutherford on Facebook
- "New Ill. GOP comptroller, treasurer: no blank checks for Dem gov’s borrowing," Illinois Statehouse News, November 10, 2010
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Rutherford Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 53
| Succeeded by|