|Minnesota House of Representatives District 14A|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Severson served in the United States Navy from 1978-2000, and has been a business owner and substitute teacher.
He also made an unsuccessful bid to become the Minnesota Secretary of State in the 2010 election. He ran in the Republican Party primary for the seat that is currently occupied by incumbent Democrat Mark Ritchie.
Prior to leaving the house, he served on the following committees:
- Housing Finance and Policy and Public Health Finance Division (Lead GOP)
- Public Safety Finance Division
- Transportation Finance and Policy Division
- Veterans Affairs Division
Severson was running for U.S. Senate in 2012 but failed to appear on the primary ballot.
Severson chose not to run in the 2010 election.
Dan Severson raised $44,466 for his campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 14A (2008)|
|Dan Severson (R)||12,927||54.95%|
|Rob Jacobs (DFL)||10,572||44.94%|
- 2010 Race for Secretary of State - Republican Primary
- Dan Severson ran unopposed in this contest
|2010 Race for Secretary of State - General Election |
|Democratic Party||Mark Ritchie||49.1%|
|Republican Party||Dan Severson||45.6%|
Listed below is the largest contributor to Dan Severson's 2008 campaign.
- Dan Severson's campaign website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Severson
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004, 2002
- Dan Severson on Facebook
- Dan Severson on Twitter
|Minnesota State House District 14A
| Succeeded by|
Tim O'Driscoll (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |