Dan Sullivan (Anchorage mayor)
|Running for Lieutenant Governor of Alaska|
|Date of primary||August 19, 2014|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Mayor of Anchorage, Alaska|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||West Anchorage High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Oregon|
|Profession||Small business owner, politician|
Before becoming Mayor of the Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska in 2009, Sullivan was a member of the Anchorage Assembly from 1998 to 2008. He could not run for a fourth consecutive term in the Assembly due to term limits. Sullivan was elected mayor in 2009 and subsequently won re-election. As mayor, he is restricted to two consecutive terms in office.
He was also the Executive Director of the Arctic Winter Games when it was hosted by the city of Anchorage in 1996.
Sullivan is an Alaska native and graduate of West Anchorage High School. He holds a bachelor's degree in political science from the University of Oregon.
Sullivan has been a small business owner for almost three decades and currently co-owns a pub, which he also founded, located in downtown Anchorage.
- West Anchorage High School
- Bachelor's degree in political science - University of Oregon
Sullivan is married to Lynnette, who works as an elementary school teacher. They have one daughter, Jennifer.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dan + Sullivan + Alaska + Lieutenant + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- " KTUU.com, "Mayor Dan Sullivan Announces Intent to Run for Lt. Governor," June 19, 2013
- Office of the Mayor of Anchorage, "Homepage," accessed June 21, 2013
- Office of the Mayor of Anchorage, "Biography," accessed June 21, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- State of Alaska Division of Elections, "2014 Election Dates and Hours," accessed July 2, 2013
State of Alaska
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Comptroller | Commissioner of the Department of Revenue | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Regulatory Commission |