|Nebraska State Senate, District 1|
|January 9, 2013 - present|
|January 4, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$123/day for those living 50+ miles from capitol, otherwise $46/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1983|
Watermeier earned his bachelor's degree in Agriculture from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 1983. His professional experience includes working as a farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Watermeier served on the following committees:
|Nebraska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Transportation and Telecommunications|
Watermeier's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
As your state senator, I will not support tax increases, will find ways to make government more efficient and spend fewer of your tax dollars, keep our schools strong and competitive, vote for pro-life causes, and, be a strong advocate for law enforcement and tough on illegal immigration.
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2012
Watermeier won election in the 2012 election for District 1 of the Nebraska Unicameral. He advanced past the May 15 primary election and defeated Jerry Joy in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nebraska State Senate, District 1, General Election, 2012|
|Nebraska State Senate District 1 Nonpartisan Primary, 2012|
|Alvin H. Guenther||4.4%||310|
|Douglas J. Bohling||3%||212|
|Bruce P. Bernadt||2.1%||152|
Comprehensive donor information for Watermeier is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Watermeier raised a total of $85,182 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 21, 2013.
|Dan Watermeier's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nebraska State Senate, District 1||$85,182|
|Grand Total Raised||$85,182|
2012Watermeier won election to the Nebraska State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Watermeier raised a total of $85,182.
|Nebraska State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Watermeier's campaign in 2012|
|Nebraska Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||$7,529|
|Nebraska Bankers Association||$4,529|
|Nebraska Farm Bureau||$3,579|
|Watermeier, Gene & Lois||$2,000|
|Nebraska Society Of Certified Public Accountants||$1,550|
|Total Raised in 2012||$85,182|
|Source: Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dan + Watermeier + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Nebraska Legislature
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Campaign Facebook page
- LinkedIn profile
- Dan Watermeier for Nebraska State Legislature, "Biography," accessed October 18, 2012
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "Statewide Candidate List," September 21, 2012. Accessed February 14, 2014
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "Official Report of The Board of State Canvassers of the State of Nebraska - Primary Election, May 15, 2012," accessed 29 June 2012
- Follow the Money, "Watermeier, Dan." Retrieved May 21, 2013
|Nebraska State Senate District 1
| Succeeded by|