Difference between revisions of "Dana Bumgardner"
|Line 76:||Line 76:|
Bumgardner's campaign website
Bumgardner's campaign website the following issues:<ref>[http://www.bumgardnerforhouse.com/issues/ ''bumgardnerforhouse.com'' - Issues]</ref>
'''Jobs & Economy
'''Jobs & Economy
Revision as of 15:41, 15 July 2013
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 109|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bumgardner served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Transportation, Vice-chair|
Bumgardner's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt:"Dana will work hard to pass pro-business legislation in Raleigh. He believes in order to recover lost jobs, we have to support our small businesses because they are essential to economic growth. When government allows the private sector to work, the people of Gaston County and North Carolina will be free to bring our economy back."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt:"Dana will oppose all tax increases and all wasteful spending. He will work to set budget priorities and fund critical state services first. Additionally, Dana will support the Taxpayer Protection Act which limits government spending to population growth plus inflation."
- Excerpt:"Dana Bumgardner will support legislation which sends tax dollars to fund the classroom and not a wasteful bureaucracy. When money is sent directly to the classroom and sidesteps administrations, it does more good for the child."
- Excerpt:"Dana is against the proposed toll road, the Garden Parkway, which will funnel money away from already needed repairs to Gaston County’s roads and bridges. He believes this money could be better spent on widening I-85, revamping the I-85, US-321 junction and widening the Dallas-Cherryville Highway."
Bumgardner ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 109. He defeated Wil Neumann in the July 17, 2012, Republican Primary runoff. He defeated Melba Reese in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 109 General Election, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dana + Bumgardner + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Dana Bumgardner on Facebook
- Dana Bumgardner on Twitter
William A. Current, Sr. (R)
|North Carolina House - District 109
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |