Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Jersey General Assembly District 31|
|Place of birth||Ridgewood, New Jersey|
Beckelman is a candidate for District 31 of the New Jersey General Assembly. Beckelman and Michael Alonso ran unopposed in the Republican Primary on June 7. Incumbents Charles Mainor and Jason O'Donnell ran unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Beckelman's website lists the following issues:
- "Help Create an Environment for 5% Economic Growth per year in New Jersey through more incentives to start-ups and entrepreneurs, as well as simplifying regulations for small business. New Jersey's economy only averaged 1% growth from 2004-09 which stagnated wage and job growth. The Governor needs more pro-growth legislators to assist in the New Jersey comeback."
- "Reduce the Sales Tax back to 6%. Governor Corzine was wrong to raise the sales tax and we need to give consumers more incentive to spend."
- "Support Elections for Supreme Court Judges. Judges often do not follow the spirit of the law or the will of the people and they need to be held accountable."
- "Expand School Choice and Charter Schools. We need to educate our children for the 21st Century, with more specializations in technology and international culture, which our current public schools are lagging in. Jersey City parents should not have to move for children to get an affordable, quality education."
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 31," November 2, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 31," October 20, 2011
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |