|New Jersey General Assembly District 14|
|2011 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Appointed||January 10, 2011|
|Master's||Rutgers University, 1999|
|Place of birth||Trenton, NJ|
Benson ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 14. Benson is bracketed with Wayne DeAngelo. He was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He is challenged by Ronald Haas (R) and Steve Cook (R) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
Benson won re-election in 2011. He and incumbent Wayne DeAngelo ran unopposed in the June 7 primary. They then defeated and Wayne Wittman, Sheree McGowan, and Steven Welzer in the November 8 general election.
Asbury Park Press
District 14 is one of only three districts that the Asbury Park Press identified as competitive in 2011. The other two are Districts 2 and 38. Districts 2 and 38 may lean more Republican after 2011 redistricting, and District 14 may still favor Democrats. As evidence, they cite a drop in registered Democrats in Districts 2 and 38, and only a small decrease in registered Democrats in District 14. History has shown, argues APP, that districts where Democrats hold less than a 10,000 registered voter advantage typically favor the GOP. The Democratic registration advantage in District 14 is roughly 21,000, (down from 25,000).
In 2011, Benson received $293,200 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Daniel Benson's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Education Association||$16,400|
|New Jersey Regional Council Of Carpenters||$16,400|
|Communications Workers New Jersey||$13,200|
|Communications Workers Local 1036||$9,200|
|Total Raised in 2011||$293,200|
|Total Votes received in 2011||25,662|
|Cost of each vote received||$11.43|
Benson was endorsed by:
Benson is married to the former Hande Yurttan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Daniel + Benson + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Daniel Benson Official Campaign Website
- New Jersey Legislature - Assemblyman Daniel Benson
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- New Jersey Assembly Democrats - Assemblyman Daniel Benson
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- NJ.com, "Mercer County resident Daniel Benson is sworn in as N.J. Assemblyman," January 10, 2011
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Asbury Park Press, "Race for Legislature is on," September 23, 2011
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |