|Texas State Senate, District 25|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas|
|Master's||University of Texas|
|Ph.D.||University of Wyoming|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Birthday||June 17, 1935|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Boone earned both his bachelor's degree and master's degree in Experimental Psychology from the University of Texas. He went on to receive his PhD in Experimental Psychology from the University of Wyoming. Boone has worked in a number of positions, including experimental psychologist, adjunct professor, and small business owner.
Boone's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Preservation of Democracy
- Excerpt: "When individuals work hard and are successful they deserve to celebrate their success. The problem arises through the involvement of corporate mega monies in the American political process."
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "During this period of economic stress, the critical issue is creating jobs to revitalize our economy; jobs that are sustainable and meaningful in this 21st Century. The first step is to stop draining our national wealth with wars that are killing and maiming our young while creating riches for a few."
- The Military/Industrial Complex
- Excerpt: "President Dwight D. Eisenhower warned of the military/industrial complex in the 1950’s. We must end the waste and corruption within this vast incestuous network."
- The Military
- Excerpt: "Our Constitution provides for our national defense. The men and women in military service must be trained and equipped with the best materials technology can provide."
- Excerpt: "We must demand quality education for all, not just for the wealthy. Education must be flexible to meet the demands and skills of all our youth. The cost of education must be affordable to all seeking to improve by learning."
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 15 of the 31 seats in the Texas State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Donna Campbell defeated Elisa Chan and Mike Novak in the Republican primary. Daniel Boone was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Campbell defeated Boone and Brandin Lea (L) in the general election.
Boone and his wife, Robbi, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Daniel + Boone + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas State Senate
- Texas State Senate elections, 2014
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- Texas Secretary of State, 2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 26, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014
- Campaign website, Dan on the Issues
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 26, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Senate Candidates List," accessed July 26, 2014
- Texas Democrats, "2012 Candidate list," accessed May 10, 2012
- Texas Secretary of State, "Unofficial Democratic primary results," May 29, 2012