For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|New York State Assembly District 147|
|1999 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Associate's||Herkimer County Community College, 1977|
|Bachelor's||University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy, 1980|
|Date of birth||01/11/1947|
|Place of birth||Batavia, NY|
|Profession||President/Owner, Burling Drug of Corfu, Inc|
Burling is a lieutenant colonel and assistant director of government affairs for the New York Guard. He is also president and owner of Burling Drug of Corfu, Incorporated. Burling's professional experiences include president and owner of Burling Drug Incorporated of Attica; captain in the United States Army Reserves; owner and operator of Medicine Man Charters; supervising pharmacist and manager of Wyoming Rexall Drug; staff pharmacist for Alberty Drug; pharmacy intern and staff pharmacist at Genesee Memorial Hospital; consultant pharmacist for Genesee County Nursing Home; project site supervisor and engineer for System Research Labs; mechanic and fixed base operator at Nellis Airport; and a Sergeant E-5 in the United States Marine Corps, Vietnam.
Burling graduated from Empire State Military Academy; attended Riverside School of Aeronautics; earned an AS from Herkimer County Community College; and a B.S. from University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy. He and his wife, Jean, have two children; Mary and David.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Burling served on the following committees:
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Oversight of the Department of Environmental Conservation
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Burling served on the following committees:
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
Burling was unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He was also unopposed in the November 2 general election.
|New York State Assembly, District 147 2010|
|Daniel Burling (R)||28,743|
On November 4, 2008 Burling won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 147, defeating opponents Philip Jones (D) and Wayne Bieger (WF).
Burling raised $60,770 for his campaign while Jones raised $3,625 and Bieger raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 147 2008|
|Daniel Burling (R)||30,953|
|Philip Jones (D)||12,238|
|Wayne Bieger (WF)||949|
In 2010, Burling received $49,449 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Daniel Burling's campaign in 2010|
|Wyoming County Republican Cmte||$2,000|
|Livingston County Republican Cmte||$2,000|
|Otoole, Daniel J||$1,500|
|Moore, Gary D||$1,500|
|Pharmacists Society Of The State Of New York||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$49,449|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Daniel Burling
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Burling
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces New York Assembly Endorsements," December 9, 2011
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|New York Assembly District 147
| Succeeded by|
David DiPietro (R)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |