Daniel Gordon Jr.
|Daniel Gordon Jr.|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 71|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
He served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1987 to 1991. Currently, he works as a contractor and is self-employed.
Gordon studied finance through the U.S. Marine Corps Institute and construction management at San Diego State University.
Calls for resignation
Following the revelation of criminal activities, driving under an expired license and failure to appear in a Massachusetts court back in 2008, Governor Lincoln Chafee and other political leaders have called for Gordon to step down from his position in September 2011. The reasons given for his need to resign from his office were that time away from politics would allow Gordon to deal with his Court issues as well as allow for his constituency to have better representation from someone they can trust. Gordon responded that he is was goal-oriented in his political career and would run for re-election in 2012 - however, he eventually decided not to run again. Gordon has also started a recall campaign against governor Chafee.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gordon served on these committees:
Gordon did not run for re-election in 2012.
|Rhode Island House District 71|
|Daniel Gordon Jr. (R)||2707|
|George Alzaibak (D)||2660|
In 2010, Gordon raised a total of $4,050 in campaign funds. His top contributors were:
|Little Compton Republican Town Cmte||$1,000|
|Middendorf II, Hon J W||$1,000|
|Gordon Sr., Daniel||$500|
- House website
- Project Vote Smart Bio
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- The Providence Journal, "Governor Chafee calls on embattled lawmaker Gordon to resign," September 22, 2011
- Associated Press, "Embattled R.I. representative is working on recall of governor," September 30, 2011
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections "Rhode Island Secretary of State," Accessed July 9, 2012
- Unofficial results for Rhode Island District 71 state representative Republican primary, 9/14/2010
- General election results
- 2010 Campaign Contributions
John Loughlin (R)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 71
| Succeeded by|
Dennis Canario (D)