|New York State Assembly District 1|
|2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York|
|Profession||Insurance; Property Claims Estimator|
Before he began his political career, Losquadro worked for State Farm Insurance, becoming a senior property claims estimator. He won election to the Suffolk County Legislature in 2003 and became majority leader in 2006. There, he chaired the Environment, Planning and Agriculture Committee and the Veterans & Seniors Committee.
Losquadro earned his B.A. in History from SUNY Stony Brook. He lives in Shoreham with his wife Lynn and their son, Joseph.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Losquadro has been appointed to the following committees:
- Children and Families Committee, New York State Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York State Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Losquadro was uncontested in the September 14 Republican primary. He defeated incumbent Marc Alessi (D) in the general election on November 2. Alessi conceded after the count of absentee ballots put him 906 votes behind. Losquadro also ran on the Conservative Party and School Tax Relief Party tickets.
|New York State Assembly, District 1 2010|
|Daniel Losquadro (R)||23,860|
|Marc Alessi (D)||22,943|
In 2010, Losquadro raised a total of $100,880 in campaign contributions.
His four largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Friends of Dan Losquadro||$18,675|
|Celi Land LLC||$3,800|
Losquadro and his wife Lynn have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Daniel + Losquadro + New York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces New York Assembly Endorsements," December 9, 2011
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Newsday.com, "http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/alessi-concedes-assembly-race-defeat-to-losquadro-1.2493756," : November 24, 2010
- 2010 campaign contributions
|New York Assembly - District 1
| Succeeded by|