|New York State Assembly District 2|
|2011 - 2013|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York|
|Profession||Insurance; Property Claims Estimator|
Before he began his political career, Losquadro worked for State Farm Insurance, becoming a senior property claims estimator. He won election to the Suffolk County Legislature in 2003 and became majority leader in 2006. There, he chaired the Environment, Planning and Agriculture Committee and the Veterans & Seniors Committee.
Losquadro earned his B.A. in History from SUNY Stony Brook. He lives in Shoreham with his wife Lynn and their son, Joseph.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Losquadro served on the following committees:
- Children and Families Committee, New York State Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York State Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Losquadro ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 2. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012; he also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Nicholas F. Deegan ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. Losquadro defeated Nicholas F. Deegan in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Daniel Losquadro Incumbent||65.4%||34,305|
|Democratic||Nicholas F. Deegan||34.6%||18,159|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Losquadro was uncontested in the September 14 Republican primary. He defeated incumbent Marc Alessi (D) in the general election on November 2. Alessi conceded after the count of absentee ballots put him 906 votes behind. Losquadro also ran on the Conservative Party and School Tax Relief Party tickets.
|New York State Assembly, District 1 2010|
|Daniel Losquadro (R)||23,860|
|Marc Alessi (D)||22,943|
Comprehensive donor information for Losquadro is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Losquadro raised a total of $221,995 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 21, 2013.
|Daniel Losquadro's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New York Assembly, District 2||$121,115|
|2010||New York Assembly, District 1||$100,880|
|Grand Total Raised||$221,995|
2012Losquadro won re-election to the New York State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Losquadro raised a total of $121,115.
|New York State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Daniel Losquadro's campaign in 2012|
|Losquadro, Steven E.||$6,585|
|Abrams, Pamela E.||$4,500|
|Caithness Long Island||$3,850|
|Alpha Maintenance Corp.||$3,600|
|New York State Laborers||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$121,115|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Losquadro raised a total of $100,880 in campaign contributions.
His four largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Friends of Dan Losquadro||$18,675|
|Celi Land LLC||$3,800|
Losquadro and his wife Lynn have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Daniel + Losquadro + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Patchogue Patch, "Losquadro Sworn In As Highway Super," March 14, 2013. Retrieved March 18, 2013
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces New York Assembly Endorsements," December 9, 2011
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- Newsday.com, "http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/alessi-concedes-assembly-race-defeat-to-losquadro-1.2493756," : November 24, 2010
- Follow the Money, "Losquadro, Daniel P," accessed December 21, 2013
- 2010 campaign contributions
Fred Thiele (D)
|New York Assembly District 2
2013- March 2013
| Succeeded by|
Anthony Palumbo (R)
Marc Alessi (D)
|New York Assembly District 1
| Succeeded by|
Fred Thiele (D)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |