|New York State Assembly District 69|
|2003 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||11|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||George Washington University, 1982|
|J.D.||City University of New York Law School, 1987|
|Place of birth||Queens, NY|
O'Donnell's professional experiences include public interest lawyer for Daniel O'Donnell, Esquire and staff attorney for New York Legal Aid Society.
O'Donnell earned a BA in public affairs from George Washington University and a JD from City University of New York Law School.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, O'Donnell served on the following committees:
- Codes Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ethics and Guidance Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Judiciary Committee, New York State Assembly
- Oversight, Analysis and Investigation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Criminal Procedure, Chair
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, O'Donnell served on the following committees:
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York Assembly
- Judiciary Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Criminal Procedure
- Oversight, Analysis and Investigation Committee, New York Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
O'Donnell ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 69. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 69, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Daniel O'Donnell Incumbent||100%||44,468|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
O'Donnell defeated Francisco Spies in the September 14 Democratic primary. He was unopposed in the general election on November 2.
|New York State Assembly, District 69 2010|
|Daniel O'Donnell (D)||27,434|
On November 4, 2008 O'Donnell won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 69. He ran unopposed.
O'Donnell raised $103,966 for his campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 69 2008|
|Daniel O'Donnell (D)||43,123|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, O'Donnell received $61,649 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Daniel O'Donnell's campaign in 2010|
|Empire State Pride Agenda||$3,800|
|Stryker, Jon L||$3,800|
|New York State Restaurant Association||$3,800|
|Amalgamated Transit Union New York||$3,800|
|Total Raised in 2010||$61,649|
In 2008, a year in which O'Donnell was up for election, he collected $103,966 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State Restaurant Association||$3,450|
|Amalgamated Transit Union New York||$3,400|
|Three individual donations each of:||$3,000|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Daniel O'Donnell
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. O'Donnell
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Daniel O'Donnell
|New York Assembly District 69
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |