Danny L. Stover
|Danny L. Stover|
|Illinois State Senate District 54|
|Bachelor's||Southern Illinois University, 1973|
|Associate's||Kaskaskia College, 1971|
|Master's||Southern Illinois University, 1976|
|Birthday||July 30, 1951|
|Place of birth||Centralia, IL|
|Religion||First Christian Church|
Stover earned his AA in General Education from Kaskasia College in 1971. He went on to receive his BS in Government from Southern Illinois University in 1973. He then acquired his MS in Political Science and Higher Education from Southern Illinois University in 1976. He then worked in law enforcement for several years. From 1981 to 1990, he was adjunct instructor/director at Centralia College. He was a professor/chair at Kaskaskia College from 1978 to 2006.
Stover's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Corruption and State Debt
- Excerpt: "The problem is that corruption has been assumed as the status quo. The entire system has been infested and cannot fix itself, and voters have adopted this as “just the way it is” provided that they sometimes benefit from it. We need to focus on what is good for the state, for the greatest number, for the highest calling, for the protection of those who can not protect themselves, for the benefit of those who deserve it, and for the honor and duty of ourselves."
- Gasoline and energy
- Excerpt: "The solution to high fuel and energy costs is “all of the above”. The oil industry thinks only of drilling for more profit. Drilling is only part of the answer and environmental considerations must be factored in."
- Taxes, Jobs and Pensions
- Excerpt: "The very rich should not pay a smaller tax than those who work for them. ...Stop sending our jobs overseas and take action against those who do. ...Protect and preserve teacher pensions. The problem with these pensions is not teachers."
- Economic Growth
- Excerpt: "Support the expanded use of Mid-America Airport for economic development. Invest more for improvement of Carlyle Lake for economic development."
- Conceal and Carry
- Excerpt: "Renew and conclude the debate on reasonable and limited “conceal and carry” in Illinois for those who qualify. Individuals at high security risk should have that option. Give Chicago an opt-out if they refuse to participate."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Stover ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 54. Stover was unopposed in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and was defeated by Kyle McCarter, the current incumbent in District 51, in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 54, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kyle McCarter Incumbent||62.2%||59,104|
|Democratic||Danny L. Stover||37.8%||35,962|
Stover's campaign website listed the following endorsements:
- UNITED MINE WORKERS
- AFSCME (Retirees) Sub Chapt 85
- Marion County Democrats
- Fayette County Democratic
Stover and his wife, Linda, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Danny + Stover + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Danny+Stover+Illinois+Senate&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Danny Stover News Feed
- Danny Stover, "Positions," accessed October 21, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Danny Stover, "Endorsements," accessed October 21, 2012