|U.S. House, Colorado, District 1|
|Bachelor's||United States Military Academy, 1975|
|Master's||Saint Mary's College of California, 1986|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Profession||Regular Army Major|
Stroud's website listed the following issues:
- Budgets and Frugal Government Spending
- Excerpt: "We cannot continue to spend more than we can afford. Difficult choices must be made."
- Taxes and Fees
- Excerpt: "We must work hard to eliminate burdensome fees and taxes that we know are being used to fund programs we do not support and do not need."
- States' Rights
- Excerpt: "We need strong state leadership to fight to preserve our freedoms here in Colorado."
- Smaller Government
- Excerpt: "We need to shrink the government and reduce the cost to support it."
- Colorado State Industries
- Excerpt: "I will work hard to restore our industries and make Colorado once again a desirable place to start and run a business."
- Armed Forces
- Excerpt: "I hold our active duty military and our veterans in the highest level of reverence and support all programs that reward their service."
- Excerpt: "We must allow families to control the education of their children and attend the school of their choice."
- Excerpt: "We must stop the despicable anti-senior trend in our government. Our Seniors deserve our support and respect."
Stroud ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Colorado's 1st District. He defeated Richard Murphy in the June 26, 2012, Republican primary. He faced incumbent Diana DeGette (D), Frank Atwood (L), Gary Swing (G), and Thomas Henry Juniel (I) in the general election on November 6, 2012, and lost to DeGette.
|U.S. House, Colorado District 1 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Diana DeGette Incumbent||68.2%||237,579|
|Source: Colorado Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|Colorado's 1st Congressional District Republican Primary, 2012|
Stroud was defeated in the November 2 general election by incumbent Democrat Jeanne Labuda.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 1 General election (2010)|
|Jeanne Labuda (D)||10,389|
|Danny E. Stroud (R)||7,992|
|U.S. House, Colorado District 1, 2012 - Danny Stroud Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,051,538|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,098,046|
|Top contributors to Danny Stroud's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Oil & Gas||$400|
|Printing & Publishing||$215|
Stroud has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Danny + Stroud + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Danny+Stroud+Colorado+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Danny Stroud News Feed
- Politico "2012 House Race Results"
- Colorado Secretary of State, - 2012 Primary Candidate List
- Associated Press - Unofficial election results
- Open Secrets "Danny Stroud 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed March 19, 2013
- Biography from Project Vote Smart