|West Virginia House of Delegates District 30|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Wells earned his BSJ from West Virginia University in 1962.
Wells has worked as Co-Host of WBES (Radio) and as a teacher. From 1962 to 1989, he was a Columnist/Sports Writer for the Charleston Gazette. He then worked as a Sports Editor for the Charleston Gazette from 1989 to 2002.
- Agriculture Committee, West Virginia House
- Constitutional Revision Committee, West Virginia House
- Enrolled Bills Committee, West Virginia House
- Judiciary Committee, West Virginia House
- Roads and Transportation Committee, West Virginia House
Wells is running for re-election to the West Virginia House of Delegates District 30. He is one of fourteen candidates running for the seven District 30 Delegate positions on the ballot in the November 2, 2010 general election. The seven top vote-getters are elected. 
In 2008 Wells was re-elected to the West Virginia House District 30. Douglas Skaff (D) finished with 24,625 votes and was followed by Danny Wells (D) with 24,019 votes, Bonnie Brown (D) with 23,353 votes, Barbara Hatfield (D) with 22,709 votes, Mark Hunt (D) with 21,635 votes, Sharon Spencer (D) with 21,541 votes, Nancy Guthrie (D) with 20,285 votes, Fred Jospeh (R) with 18,653 votes, John Miller (R) with 17,992 votes, Bud Anderson (R) with 16,217 votes, Todd Carden (R) with 15,286 votes, Victoria Casey (R) with 14,250 votes, Edward Burgess (R) with 13,282 votes, Lance Vaughan (R) with 12,733 votes and John Welbourn (R) with 3,940 votes. Wells raised $34,577 for his campaign fund.
Wells and his wife, Sandy, have two children.
- Official list of West Virginia's November 2, 2010 candidates
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
|West Virginia House of Representatives District 30
| Succeeded by|
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |