|Illinois State Senate District 37|
|March 1, 2011 - Present|
|January 11, 2017|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, LaHood served on these committees:
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Environment Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Gaming Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Human Services Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Illinois State Senate
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
LaHood won re-election to the Illinois State Senate in District 37 in the 2012 election. LaHood was unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20 and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 37, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Darin LaHood Incumbent||100%||58,381|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
LaHood received a score of 100.00 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of A+ according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the highest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Darin + LaHood + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- The Stark County News, "LaHood appointed to fill Risinger’s seat in Illinois Senate," March 2, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
|Illinois Senate District 11
| Succeeded by|