Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Illinois, District 8|
|Regional Superintendent of Schools for DuPage County|
|Profession||Regional Superintendent of Schools for DuPage County|
Ruscitti earned her doctorate of education from Loyola University. 
Ruscitti was running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 8th District. Ruscitti was seeking the nomination on the Republican ticket.  The signature filing deadline was December 27, 2011, with the primary taking place on March 20, 2012. Incumbent Joe Walsh is seeking re-election on the Republican ticket.
On December 21, 2011 Ruscitti withdrew from the 2012 race. She cited a responsibility to the Illinois Republican Party over her personal political aspirations as the primary reason for her withdrawing.
On her campaign website Ruscitti has 6 leading issues that she is concerned about. They are:
- The private sector: "...is better at creating jobs than government."
- Smaller government: "...means more economic growth"
- "We need to return to a culture of self-reliance."
- "Everyone should be equal before the law."
- "Everyone deserves the right to freedom in economic decisions."
- People we elect are responsible to us: "...the citizens and taxpayers; not union bosses, big corporations, or special interests"
- Daily Herald "BREAKING: Darlene Ruscitti bows out of 8th District GOP primary" Accessed February 9, 2012
- Daily Herald "Ruscitti bows out of 8th District GOP primary" Accessed February 9, 2012
- 'Darlene Ruscitti for Congress "About Darlene" Accessed January 14, 2012
- Roll Call "Darlene Ruscitti to Join Race for Open 8th District Seat in Illinois" Accessed December 5, 2011
- Darlene Ruscitti for Congress "Issues" Accessed January 5, 2012
- Darlene J. Ruscitti for Congress "About Darlene" Accessed December 28, 2011
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |