|New York Commissioner of Agriculture|
|April 5, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||January 10, 2011|
|Appointed by||Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D)|
|New York State Senate|
|2009 - 2010|
|New York State Assembly|
|2003 - 2008|
|Jefferson County Board of Legislators|
|Date of birth||June 3, 1953|
|Place of birth||Cape Vincent, New York|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Political career
- 3 Elections/Appointments
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Personal
- 6 Recent news
- 7 See also
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Aubertine previously served as a Democratic member of the New York State Senate. He was a board member for the Town of Cape Vincent from 1994 to 1995. He was also a Legislator for Jefferson County District 1 from 1996 to 1999. From 1998 to 1999 he was Chairman of the Jefferson County Board of Legislators. He ran for New York State Assembly in 2000 but was not elected. He then served in the New York State Assembly from 2003 to 2008. He joined the New York State Senate in 2009 and served in that position until 2010, representing the 48th District.
Aubertine is a retired Dairy Farmer for Triple A Aubertine Farm.
Commissioner of Agriculture (2011-Present)
New York State Senate (2009-2011)
While a member of the New York State Senate, Aubertine served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York State Senate
- Commerce, Economic Development and Small Business Committee, New York State Senate
- Crime Victims, Crime and Correction Committee, New York State Senate
- Energy and Telecommunications Committee, New York State Senate
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Senate
- Transportation Committee, New York State Senate
- Veterans, Homeland Security and Military Affairs Committee, New York State Senate
New York State Assembly (2003-2008)
Aubertine was as member of the New York State Assembly from 2003 to 2008.
Aubertine was unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary for New York State Senate. He was defeated by Patricia Ritchie (R) in the November 2 general election. He ran as a member of the Republican, Conservative, and Independence parties.
On November 4, 2008 Darrel Aubertine won the election for New York State Senate, District 48 with 52,908 votes.
Aubertine raised $1,059,943 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 48 (2008)|
|Darrel Aubertine (D)||52,908|
|David Renzi (R)||49,942|
Comprehensive donor information for Aubertine is available dating back to 2000. Based on available campaign finance records, Aubertine raised a total of $2,749,467 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 21, 2013.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Darrel Aubertine's 2008 campaign.
|New York State Democratic Party||$735,429|
|New York Democratic Senate Campaign CMTE||$171,125|
|Malcolm A. Smith for New York||$8,000|
|Responsible New York PAC||$5,000|
Aubertine and his wife, Margaret, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Darrel + Aubertine + New + York + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Department of Agriculture and Markets
- New York Department of Agriculture and Markets - Commissioner Aubertine
- Official New York State Senate website (archived)
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- New York Department Of Agriculture and Markets, "Darrel J. Aubertine," accessed September 23, 2013
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- 2008 Follow the Money's report on Darrel's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Darrel Aubertine," accessed May 21, 2013
|New York Senate District 48
| Succeeded by|
Patricia Ritchie (R)
|New York Commissioner of Agriculture
| Succeeded by|