Daun Sessoms Hester
|Daun Sessoms Hester|
|Virginia House of Delegates District 89|
|December 20, 2012 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||December 18, 2012|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
Hester is running for re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 89. Hester ran unopposed in the June 11 Democratic primary and is challenged by Kimberly Adams in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
Hester won election in the special election for District 89 of the Virginia House of Delegates. She defeated James J. St John (I) in the general election on December 18, 2012. The seat was vacant following Kenny Alexander's resignation after winning a special election for the Virginia state senate on September 4, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Daun + Hester + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- 2013 Campaign website
- Rep. Sessoms Hester's website
- Official campaign website (Archive)
- Candidate Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Our Campaigns page
- Vote VA profile
- Wikipedia page
- Hampton Roads, "Special election set for Dec. 18 to fill Norfolk legislative seat," September 28, 2012
- Virginia State Board of Elections, " List of candidates December 18, 2012 special election," accessed December 17, 2012
- WVEC, "Daun Hester wins House of Delegate special election," December 18, 2012
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |