Difference between revisions of "Dave Albo"
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
Revision as of 20:13, 11 August 2011
|Virginia House of Delegates District 42|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Albo currently works as an Attorney/Partner for Albo & Ublon, LLP. He has previously been a prosecutor and assistant attorney for the City of Fairfax, as well as a part time guardian for abused and neglected children.
Delegate Albo speech on South County Middle School
Albo's official site lists an overview of his top priorities:
- Building roads and rail for a faster commute so that we have more time with our families
- Keeping our schools the same quality I had when I went to Fairfax Public Schools with quality buildings and small class sizes
- Getting our children into Virginia Colleges and Universities
- Making our neighborhoods safe so our children can safely play in the neighborhood
- Preserving open space and keeping our air and water clean so we are not run over by development and there are wonderful places for kids to play outdoors
- Limiting Taxes so that while we can build roads and schools, we can also still afford to live in Fairfax County.
- Courts of Justice (Chair)
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee (Chair)
- Criminal Law Subcommittee
- Mental Health Subcommittee
- Privileges and Elections
- Appointments Subcommittee
- General Laws
- ABC/Gaming Subcommittee
- HB 1669 Income tax, state; State shall return to cities & counties 50% of growth in collections.
- HB 1693 Driving under influence; mandatory punishment when concentration is elevated above certain amount.
- HB 1695 Driving without a license; person may be placed under arrest if previously convicted of offense.
Albo is running for re-election to the District 42 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He is unopposed in the August 23 Republican primary. J.R. Dobbyn is running unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election will be held on November 8, 2011.
In 2009, Albo was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Greg Werkhesier in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 42 (2009)|
|Dave Albo (R)||11,767|
|Greg Werkheiser (D)||9,006|
The top 5 donors to Albo's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Republican Party||$49,900|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$14,285|
|Allen Allen Allen & Allen||$10,000|
|Howell for Delegate||$10,000|
|Medical Society of Virginia||$7,500|
- Delegate Dave Albo campaign website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Albo
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Dave Albo for Delegate campaign blog
|Virginia House of Delegates District 42
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |