Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 42|
|1994 - Present|
|Years in position||19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next election||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||University of Virginia, 1984|
|Master's||Williams School of Law, University of Richmond, 1988|
|Place of birth||Flushing, NY|
Albo currently works as an Attorney/Partner for Albo & Ublon, LLP. He has previously been a prosecutor and assistant attorney for the City of Fairfax, as well as a part time guardian for abused and neglected children.
Albo earned his B.A. in economics from the University of Virginia in 1984 and his J.D. from Williams School of Law, University of Richmond in 1988.
- Courts of Justice (Chair)
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee (Chair)
- Criminal Law Subcommittee
- Mental Health Subcommittee
- Privileges and Elections
- Appointments Subcommittee
- General Laws
- ABC/Gaming Subcommittee
- HB 1669 Income tax, state; State shall return to cities & counties 50% of growth in collections.
- HB 1693 Driving under influence; mandatory punishment when concentration is elevated above certain amount.
- HB 1695 Driving without a license; person may be placed under arrest if previously convicted of offense.
On November 8, 2011, Albo won re-election to District 42 of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 Republican primary and defeated J.R. Dobbyn (D) in the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Albo was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Greg Werkhesier in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 42 (2009)|
|Dave Albo (R)||11,767|
|Greg Werkheiser (D)||9,006|
Albo's official site lists an overview of his top priorities:
- Building roads and rail for a faster commute so that we have more time with our families
- Keeping our schools the same quality I had when I went to Fairfax Public Schools with quality buildings and small class sizes
- Getting our children into Virginia Colleges and Universities
- Making our neighborhoods safe so our children can safely play in the neighborhood
- Preserving open space and keeping our air and water clean so we are not run over by development and thise are wonderful places for kids to play outdoors
- Limiting Taxes so that while we can build roads and schools, we can also still afford to live in Fairfax County.
Delegate Albo speech on South County Middle School
The top 5 donors to Albo's 2009 campaign:
|Republican Party of Virginia||$49,900|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$14,285|
|Allen Allen Allen & Allen||$10,000|
|Howell for Delegate||$10,000|
|Medical Society of Virginia||$7,500|
Albo and his wife, Rita, have one child.
- Delegate Dave Albo campaign website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Albo
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Dave Albo for Delegate campaign blog
|Virginia House of Delegates District 42
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |