|Virginia House of Delegates District 42|
|1994 - Present|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||University of Virginia, 1984|
|Master's||Williams School of Law, University of Richmond, 1988|
|Place of birth||Flushing, NY|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Endorsements
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Albo earned his B.A. in economics from the University of Virginia in 1984 and his J.D. from Williams School of Law, University of Richmond in 1988.
Albo works as an Attorney/Partner for Albo & Ublon, LLP. He previously worked as a prosecutor and assistant attorney for the City of Fairfax, as well as a part time guardian for abused and neglected children.
In the 2012-2013 session, Albo served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Albo served on the following committees:
- Courts of Justice, Chair
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee, Chair
- Criminal Law Subcommittee
- Mental Health Subcommittee
- Privileges and Elections
- Appointments Subcommittee
- General Laws
- ABC/Gaming Subcommittee
- HB 1669 Income tax, state; State shall return to cities & counties 50% of growth in collections.
- HB 1693 Driving under influence; mandatory punishment when concentration is elevated above certain amount.
- HB 1695 Driving without a license; person may be placed under arrest if previously convicted of offense.
Albo’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Getting Our Students Into VA Colleges
Excerpt: "Dave is working to get your children into Virginia colleges. Dave was able to get UVA, William and Mary, JMU and Virginia Tech to add hundreds of new in-state slots over the next three years."
- Dave Albo stands up for NoVa!
Excerpt: "Dave Albo led the fight to successfully kill the 2008 transportation tax increase, which raised your taxes and then gave you only 30 cents for every road repair dollar you paid. ...Dave Albo fought the 2004 tax increase, which raised your sales taxes for schools but gave you only 30 cents for every dollar you spent."
- Building Roads and Rail
Excerpt: "Widening of the Beltway, I-95 and I-395; New traffic signals throughout our community; Improve and realign Rt. 1 / Mt. Vernon Memorial Hwy. / Mulligan Rd. intersection"
- Fighting Outrageous Taxation
Excerpt: "Repealed the Car Tax ...Cut the Food Tax in Half; Eliminated the Tax on Pharmaceuticals; Created a Sales Tax Holiday for School Clothing and Supplies"
Excerpt: "Dave helped eliminate the use of gas chambers to euthanize animals. It has been found that this is a painful way for an animal to die. ...In the past, a person could only be prosecuted for actually abusing an animal. Simply neglecting a pet (e.g. failing to give your dog food, water or shelter in extreme temperature) was not illegal. Dave's bill in the 2007 Session, made this abhorrent behavior a felony."
Albo's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Building roads and rail for a faster commute so that we have more time with our families"
- Excerpt: "Keeping our schools the same quality I had when I went to Fairfax Public Schools with quality buildings and small class sizes"
- Excerpt: "Getting our children into Virginia Colleges and Universities"
- Excerpt: "Making our neighborhoods safe so our children can safely play in the neighborhood"
- Excerpt: "Preserving open space and keeping our air and water clean so we are not run over by development and thise [sic] are wonderful places for kids to play outdoors"
- Excerpt: "Limiting Taxes so that while we can build roads and schools, we can also still afford to live in Fairfax County."
Albo won re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 42. Albo ran unopposed in the June 11th Republican Primary. He defeated Ed Deitsch (D) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 42 General Election, 2013|
|Republican||Dave Albo Incumbent||59.8%||15,303|
On November 8, 2011, Albo won re-election to District 42 of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 Republican primary and defeated J.R. Dobbyn (D) in the November 8 general election.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 42 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Dave Albo Incumbent||62.2%||11,835|
In 2009, Albo was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Greg Werkhesier in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 42 (2009)|
|Dave Albo (R)||11,767|
|Greg Werkheiser (D)||9,006|
Delegate Albo speech on South County Middle School
In 2011, Albo received $392,161 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dave Albo's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$20,137|
|Virginia Beer Wholesalers Assoc||$15,000|
|Virginia Wine Wholesalers Association||$12,500|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers Association||$12,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$392,161|
|Total Votes received in 2011||11,835|
|Cost of each vote received||$33.14|
The top five donors to Albo's 2009 campaign:
|Republican Party of Virginia||$49,900|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$14,285|
|Allen Allen Allen & Allen||$10,000|
|Howell for Delegate||$10,000|
|Medical Society of Virginia||$7,500|
Albo and his wife, Rita, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dave + Albo + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delegate Dave Albo campaign website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Albo
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Dave Albo for Delegate campaign blog
- Delegate Albo's "Constituent Corner"
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Albo
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Dave Albo, "Issues," accessed September 4, 2013
- Dave Albo Homepage
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Virginia Leadership Team," December 29, 2011
|Virginia House of Delegates District 42
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |