Dave Brown (Minnesota)
|Minnesota State Senate District 15|
|2011 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma Wesleyan University|
|Birthday||June 26, 1961|
|Place of birth||Iowa|
Brown is an independent insurance agent. He was also recently laid off from his job with Word Entertainment, a major Christian music company in Nashville, Tennessee. While going to school at Wesleyan University, Dave paid his way with his own lawn care and handyman business.
Brown received his B.A. from Oklahoma Wesleyan University.
Brown 's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I support parental control in our children's education, which includes the options of homeschooling, charter and private schools. Fairness in education funding needs to be a priority in Minnesota."
- Excerpt:"Minnesota's economy and the creation of new jobs can be significantly improved with the permitting of the copper and nickel mines in northern Minnesota."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt:"I will propose a flat income tax rate for all Minnesota wage earners that allows us to keep over $1 billion more of our hard earned money. I support no tax increases and will work to reduce the size of our ever-increasing state government."
Protecting the Unborn
- Excerpt:"I support the right to life for our unborn children. From conception to birth, babies are living human beings and should be protected as such. Abortion should not be legal and there should be no public funding to end the life of a baby."
Right to Bear Arms
- Excerpt:"The 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects the rights of Americans to keep and bear arms. I strongly support our right to keep and bear arms and believe this right must not be violated."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brown served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Energy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brown served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Rural Economies|
|• Capital Investment|
|• Commerce and Consumer Protection|
|• Energy, Utilities, Technology and Communications|
|• Higher Education|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
|Minnesota State Senate, District 15, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dave Brown Incumbent||56.6%||21,917|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 16 (2010)|
|Dave Brown (R)||20480||57.38%|
|Lisa Fobbe (D)||15164||42.49%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Brown raised $35,253 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|16B House District RPM||$2,900|
|6th Congressional District RPM||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dave + Brown + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Brown and his wife Deb have two children.
- campaign site
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- "davebrownforsenate," Official Campaign Website
- Rick Santorum for President, "SANTORUM ANNOUNCES MINNESOTA LEADERSHIP ENDORSEMENTS," February 6, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," retrieved June 12, 2012.
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Secretary of State Official general election results
- 2010 contributions
John Pederson (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 15
| Succeeded by|
Lisa Fobbe (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 16
| Succeeded by|
Gary Dahms (R)