Difference between revisions of "Dave Marsden"
m (Text replace - '[[category' to '[[Category')
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
Revision as of 13:54, 9 August 2011
|Virginia State Senate District 37|
| Assumed office|
January 13, 2010
| Current term ends|
January 11, 2012
Marsden is a consultant with Development Services Group, Inc., and has served as Superintendent of Fairfax County's Juvenile Detention Center and probation officer with the Fairfax County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.
Marsden's campaign website lists his views on a number of issues, including:
- Taxes: "I believe in holding the line on taxes and working across party lines for a fiscally responsible budget."
- Transportation: "I am working on attacking the traffic problem from all angles, including a steady, dedicated reliable funding stream to improve all forms of transportation."
- Education: "I want to continue supporting Fairfax schools by protecting current funding levels and working to keep them among the best in the nation."
- Crime: "I want to continue use the skills and lessons I’ve learned from three decades in juvenile justice to craft a tough strategy that suppresses Northern Virginia’s youth gangs and prevents them from spreading deeper into our community."
Marsden serves on the following Senate committees:
- Agriculture, Conservation and Natural Resources
- General Laws and Technology
- Local Government
- HB 2225 Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry; State Police shall publish on Internet database.
- HB 2227 Airsoft guns; added to list of prohibited concealed weapons.
- HB 2233 Electronic filings; DMV may require certain filings or submissions be made electronically. 
Marsden is running for re-election to the District 37 seat of the Virginia State Senate. He is unopposed in the August 23 primary. Stephen Hunt and Jason Flanary are running for the seat on the Republican ticket.
|Virginia State Senate, District 37 (2010)|
|Dave Marsden (D)||11,954||50.64%|
The top 5 donors to Marsden's 2009 House campaign:
|Virginia Democratic Party||$48,749|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers Assoc||$6,500|
|Werkheiser for Delegate||$5,950|
|Thomas W. Minnick||$4,500|
|Allen Allen Allen & Allen||$4,000|
- Dave Marsden's personal website
- Virginia Senate - Dave Marsden
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access profile
- Dave Marsden on Facebook
- Fairfax Times, "Marsden takes over Senate seat, increases Democrats' majority," January 19, 2010
- WTOP 2009 Election Results
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Marsden
- Marsden for Delegate Issues
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- 2010 Special Election Results, Virginia Senate, District 37
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia State Senate District 37
Jan. 13, 2010-present
| Succeeded by|
|Virginia House of Delegate District 41
| Succeeded by|