|U.S. House, Washington, District 8|
|January 3, 2005-present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2004|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Sheriff, King County, Washington|
|Associate's||Concordia Lutheran College|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Years of service||1976|
|Service branch||U.S. Air Force Reserve|
|Years of service||1971-1976|
|Birthday||August 29, 1950|
|Place of birth||Detroit Lakes, Minnesota|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Committee assignments
- 4 Issues
- 5 Elections
- 6 Campaign donors
- 7 Recent news
- 8 Personal
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
- 11 References
After receiving his associate's degree from Concordia Lutheran College, Reichert went into the U.S. Air Force Reserves and the King County, Washington, police force. He was elected county sheriff in 1997, and he served there until being elected to the U.S. House of Representatives.
Reichert is a member of the following House committees:
- Ways and Means Committee
- Subcommittee on Trade
- Subcommittee on Health
Percentage voting with party
Reichert voted with the Republican Party 79.6% of the time, which ranked 238 among the 242 House Republican members as of November 2011.
Reichert is running for re-election in 2012.
On November 2, 2010, Reichert won re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives, defeating Suzan DelBene (D).
|U.S. House of Representatives General Election, Washington, Congressional District 8, 2010|
|Republican||David G. Reichert Incumbent||52.1%||161,296|
Reichert won re-election to the U.S. House in 2010. During that re-election cycle, Reichert's campaign committee raised a total of $2,793,788 and spent $2,770,293.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Washington, 8th District, 2010 - Dave Reichert Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$4,024,786|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$3,942,493|
|Top contributors to Dave Reichert's campaign committee|
|Environmental Defense Fund||$29,620|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Dave + Reichert + Washington + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
Reichert and his wife, Julie, have three children and six grandchildren.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress "REICHERT, David G., (1950 - )"
- Congressman Dave Reichert, Serving Washington's Eighth Congressional District "Committee Membership"
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
- The Colombian, "Reichert endorses Romney in Wash. GOP caucus," February 28, 2012
- Reichert House website "Reichert Statement on New 8th Congressional District Map," Accessed January 14, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Dave Reichert 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 17, 2011
- Official House website "Biography," Accessed November 17, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Washington, District 8
| Succeeded by|