David A. Lloyd
|David A. Lloyd|
|Former candidate for|
|Board Member, Wayzata School Board, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Concordia College Moorhead|
|Other||North Dakota State University|
|Profession||Small business owner|
David Lloyd resides in Minnetonka, Minnesota with his wife. Lloyd earned a B.A. in Music from Concordia College Moorhead and a B.S. in Accounting from North Dakota State University. He owns and operates a financial advisory practice.
- See also: Wayzata Public Schools elections (2013)
David Lloyd was defeated in a race against eight fellow candidates for three vacant at-large school board seats in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|Wayzata Public Schools, At-large General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||David A. Lloyd||3.7%||268|
|Source: Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State, "Results for Selected Contests in School District No. 284 - Wayzata," accessed December 18, 2013|
David Lloyd reported $179.34 in contributions and $179.34 in expenditures to Wayzata Public Schools, which left his campaign with no debt or cash on hand.
David Lloyd did not receive any official endorsements for his campaign.
Lloyd's campaign website listed the following campaign themes for 2013:
Note: The above quote is from the candidate's website, which may include some typographical or spelling errors.
What was at stake?
There were three seats on the school board up for election on November 5, 2013. None of the three incumbents with expiring terms, including Board Chair Susan Jean Hayes Droegemueller, filed for re-election. Nine newcomers, Andrea Cuene, Derek Diesen, Dan Haugen, Sarah Johansen, David A. Lloyd, Chris McCullough, Phil Napier, Bill Pritchard and Ted Victor filed for the three open seats.
About the district
- See also: Wayzata Public Schools, Minnesota
Hennepin County outperformed the rest of Minnesota in terms of its median rates of average household income and higher education achievement but underperformed in terms of its poverty rate in 2011. The median household income in Hennepin County was $62,966 compared to $58,476 for the state of Minnesota. The poverty rate in Hennepin County was 12.3% compared to 11.0% for the entire state. The United States Census Bureau also found that 44.7% of Hennepin County residents aged 25 years and older attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 31.8% in Minnesota.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Lloyd + Wayzata + Public + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Stefanie Briggs, Plymouth Patch, "Wayzata School Board Candidate: David Lloyd," October 15, 2013
- Information submitted to Ballotpedia through e-mail from Wayzata Public Schools on January 3, 2014
- David A. Lloyd for Wayzata School Board, "Student Future Success," accessed October 23, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Hennepin County, Minnesota," accessed October 14, 2013
- Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State, "Election Results and Statistics," accessed October 14, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.