|Colorado House of Representatives District 39|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 12, 2013
|Profession||Senior Manager, Cherokee Investment Partners|
Balmer is a Senior Manager with Cherokee Investment Partners, and a Major in the United States Army Reserve.
Balmer did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Balmer has been appointed to these committees:
- Congressional Redistricting, Co-Chair
- Economic and Business Development Committee, Colorado House of Representatives
- Local Government Committee, Colorado House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Balmer served on these committees:
Balmer's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1192 - Eliminate 3.2 Beer Restrictions
- HB 09-1212 - Temp Inc Tax Credit For New Home Buyers
- HB 09-1275 - EMT Provisional Certification
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Balmer ran for re-election to the 39th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the August 10 primary. Balmer defeated Carol Levine in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 39 General election (2010)|
|David Balmer (R)||22,879|
|Carol Levine (D)||14,659|
Balmer raised $139,358 for his campaign, while Cullom raised $71,832.
|Colorado State House, District 39 (2008)|
|David Balmer (R)||26,157|
|Mollie Cullom (D)||23,097|
Below are Balmer's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Assoc of Realtors||$4,250|
|CO Chiropractic Assoc||$4,250|
|Apartment Assoc of Metro Denver||$2,125|
- David Balmer's personal website
- Colorado House of Representatives - Rep. David Balmer
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- David Balmer on Facebook
|Colorado House District 39
| Succeeded by|