|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 122|
|2012 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Mississippi State Senate, District 46|
|2008 - 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Mississippi|
|J.D.||University of Mississippi, 1990|
|Birthday||December 4, 1962|
|Place of birth||Pascagoula, Mississippi|
Baria served in the Mississippi State Senate, representing District 46 from 2008 to 2012.
Baria earned his B.S. from the University of Southern Mississippi in 1987, and J.D. from the University of Mississippi in 1990. His professional experience includes working as an attorney and CEO of Rhino Construction.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Baria served on the following committees:
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Baria served on the following committees:
- Constitution Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Environment Prot, Cons and Water Res Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Ethics Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Finance Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division B Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Ports and Marine Resources Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Tourism Committee, Mississippi Senate
Baria's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Holding Government Accountable; Transparency in Action"
- "Making homeowner insurance more affordable"
- "Leading tourism recovery for Mississippi Gulf Coast"
- "Funding Hancock County Schools"
- "Helping our seafood industry: holding BP accountable"
- "Dedicated to continuing Hurricane Katrina recovery"
On November 8, 2011, Baria won election to District 122 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and defeated Republican candidate Dorothy Wilcox in the November 8 general election.
Baria said he decided to run for House in order to have more of an impact as a legislator. “The power in the Legislature is vested in the committee system. In the House I’m much more likely to have better assignments ... People who know me will tell you I am not a back-bencher. I ran because I wanted to go to Jackson and effectuate some change, particularly in insurance and how we handle insurance claims,” he stated.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 122 General Election, 2011|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
David Baria raised $124,118 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 46|
|David Baria (D)||9,072||77%|
|James Overstreet (C)||2,712||23%|
In 2011, Baria received $120,357 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Baria's campaign in 2011|
|Boone, Walter Helms||$2,000|
|Everhardt, Sandra J||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$120,357|
|Total Votes received in 2011||3,022|
|Cost of each vote received||$39.83|
In 2009 David Baria collected $35,480 in donations. 
His four largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Capitol Advocacy Group||$1,000|
|Knights Marine & Ind. Serv.||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term David + Baria + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Baria and his wife, Marcie, have two children.
- Office website
- Baria's website
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007
- David Baria, "Issues," accessed October 27, 2011
- Mississippi Secretary of State, 2011 Official Primary Candidate List
- Sun Herald, "Baria, Wilcox battle for Hancock County House seat," October 23, 2011
- Mississippi State Senate official election results for 2007
- Follow the Money's report on Baria's 2007 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- 2009 contributors to David Baria
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 122
2012 – Present
| Succeeded by|
|Mississippi State Senate District 46
| Succeeded by|