|Mississippi State Senate District 46|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Baria joined the Mississippi State Senate in 2008. He has served in that position since, representing the 46th district.
Baria worked as an Attorney for various firms from 1990 to 2002. He then worked for Baria, Hankins, and Stracenes from 2002 to 2005. He has been CEO of Rhino Construction, Limited Liability Company, from 2005 to the present.
Baria earned his BS from the University of Southern Mississippi in 1987. He went on to receive his JD from the University of Mississippi in 1990.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Baria has been appointed to these committees:
- Constitution Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Environment Prot, Cons and Water Res Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Ethics Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Finance Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division B Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Ports and Marine Resources Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Tourism Committee, Mississippi Senate
Baria is running in the 2011 election for Mississippi House of Representatives District 122. He ran unopposed in the primary on August 2, 2011. Republican candidate Dorothy Wilcox ran unopposed in the August 2 Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 8, 2011. 
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
David Baria raised $124,118 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 46|
|David Baria (D)||9,072||77%|
|James Overstreet (C)||2,712||23%|
In 2009 David Baria collected $35,480 in donations. 
His four largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Capitol Advocacy Group||$1,000|
|Knights Marine & Ind. Serv.||$1,000|
Baria and his wife, Marcie, have two children.
Post Office Box 1018
Jackson, MS 39215
167 Blue Heron Cove
Bay Saint Louis, MS 39576
Phone: 228-466-0815 228-466-0815 228-466-0815 (Home)
Phone: 228-270-0001 (Work)
- David Baria's personal website
- Mississippi Senator Page
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007
|Mississippi State Senate District 46
| Succeeded by|