David Bates, New Hampshire Representative
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham 7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham 4|
|2008 - 2012|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bates served on these committees:
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 13, 2014. Three candidates were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while six candidates faced off in the Republican primary. Anthony DiFruscia ran as an Independent candidate. The general election was contested by one Independent, three Democrats, and four Republicans. Anthony DiFruscia represented the Independent Party. The Democrats were Stephen Mavrellis, Henri Azibert, and Rebecca L. Brown. The Republicans participants were David Bates, New Hampshire Representative, and incumbents Mary Griffin, Walter Kolodziej, and Charles McMahon. All four Republicans were victorious over the other candidates in the general election.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives Rockingham 7 District, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Mary Griffin Incumbent||19.7%||3,815|
|Republican||Charles McMahon Incumbent||18.6%||3,590|
|Republican||Walter Kolodziej Incumbent||16.6%||3,210|
|Democratic||Rebecca L. Brown||8.4%||1,632|
Bates advanced past the September 14 primary election. He faced incumbent Carolyn Webber (D), incumbent David Bettencourt (R), incumbent Mary Griffin (R), incumbent Charles McMahon (R), incumbent Marilinda Garcia (R), Kevin Waterhouse (R), incumbent Walter Kolodziej (R), incumbent Ronald Belanger (R), incumbent Robert Elliott (R), Daphne Kenyon (D), Ann Kern (D), Matthew Groch (D), Jane Lang (D), Jocelyn Leary (D), Christine White-Rogers (D), Lori Demaine (D), Neil Fallon (D), Ellie Rouillard (D), Thomas Witham (D), Henri Azibert (D), Matthew O'Shaughnessy (D), John Sytek (R), Richard Okerman (R), Gary Azarian (R), and Donna Mauro (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Bates won election to the New Hampshire House of Representatives from Rockingham County District 4, which sends thirteen representatives to the New Hampshire House of Representatives, by finishing with the twelfth-highest vote total in the election. Bates received 7,674 votes. The other winning candidates from District 4 were David Bettencourt (R) with 10,390 votes, Mary Griffin (R) with 10,171 votes, Charles McMahon (R) with 9,297 votes, Anne Priestley (R) with 9,197 votes, Ronald Belanger (R) with 9,155 votes, Anthony DiFruscia (R) with 9,098 votes, Russell Ingram (R) with 8,367 votes, Robert Elliott (R) with 8,324 votes, Mark Pearson (R) with 8,293 votes, Margaret Crisler (R) with 7,886 votes, Walter Kolodziej (R) with 7,744 votes and Carolyn Webber (D) with 7,624 votes. The losing candidates in the race were Marilinda Garcia (R) with 7,472 votes, Jessica Garofalo (D) with 6,544 votes, Doris Flaherty (D) with 6,216 votes, Michael Caruso (D) with 6,204 votes, Carol Schneider (D) with 6,158 votes, Connor O'Brien (D) with 6,089 votes, Camron Iannaflo (D) with 6,041 votes, Fran Brennan (D) with 5,675 votes, Frank Kern (D) with 5,326 votes, Lori Demaine (D) with 5,249 votes, Gerald Capron (D) with 4,423 votes, Henri Azibert (D) with 4,254 votes and Neelima Gogumalla (D) with 4,160 votes.
Bates raised $2,450 for his campaign in 2008. Other candidates in the District 4 race (with data available) raised the following amounts: Griffin ($850), McMahon ($1,550), Priestley ($50), DiFruscia ($250), Pearson ($250), Kolodziej ($400), Webber ($875), Garcia ($610) and Iannaflo ($525).
In 2010, a year in which Bates was up for re-election, he did not collect any money in donations.
In 2008, Bates collected $2,450 in contributions. The six largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Bates + New Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- New Hampshire House of Representatives District Rockingham 7
- New Hampshire House of Representatives elections, 2014
- New Hampshire General Court
- Primary candidate list for 2014
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2010, 2008
- Project Vote Smart, "David Bates' Biography," accessed January 21, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 Filing Period," accessed July 1, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Results," accessed December 3, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election Results," accessed May 16, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 16, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "State General Election - November 4, 2008," accessed May 16, 2014
- Rockingham District 4 New Hampshire House of Representatives Candidate Funds, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed June 17, 2014
- 2008 contributions to David Bates