Difference between revisions of "David Blount"
|Line 58:||Line 58:|
Blount attended both the University of Virginia and Davidson College.
Blount attended both the University of Virginia and Davidson College. professional experience working as Communications Director for the Mississippi Secretary of State's Office.
Revision as of 22:14, 3 June 2013
|Mississippi State Senate District 29|
|2008 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 2007|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
Blount attended both the University of Virginia and Davidson College. His professional experience includes working as Communications Director for the Mississippi Secretary of State's Office.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Blount served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Drug Policy Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Education Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Elections Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Ethics Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Fees, Salaries and Administration Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division B Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Labor Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Public Utilities Committee, Mississippi Senate
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Blount won re-election to the Mississippi Senate District 29. He ran unopposed in the primary on August 2, 2011. Steve Stanford defeated Gerald Kucia in the Republican primary. Blount defeated Stanford in the general election on November 8, 2011. 
|Mississippi State Senate, District 29 General Election, 2011|
|Democrat||David Blount Incumbent||69.3%||14,126|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
David Blount raised $207,221 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 29|
|David Blount (D)||9,567||58%|
|Richard White (W)||6,924||42%|
In 2011, Blount received $169,407 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Blount's campaign in 2011|
|Molpus, Dick & Sally||$5,000|
|Blount, Dr & Mrs Richard & Martha||$5,000|
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$5,000|
|Barksdale, James L||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$169,407|
|Total Votes received in 2011||14,126|
|Cost of each vote received||$11.99|
In 2009 David Blount collected $33,595 in donations. 
His five largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Mississippi Independent Pharmacies Association||$1,000|
|Mississippi Power Co.||$1,000|
|James Ashley Ogden||$1,000|
Blount and his wife, Katherine, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term David + Blount + Mississippi + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007
|Mississippi State Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|