|Mississippi State Senate District 29|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Blount joined the Mississippi State Senate in 2008. He has served in that position since, representing the 29th district.
Blount is a past Communications Director for the Mississippi Secretary of State's Office.
Blount attended both the University of Virginia and Davidson College.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Blount has been appointed to these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Drug Policy Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Education Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Elections Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Ethics Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Fees, Salaries and Administration Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division B Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Labor Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Public Utilities Committee, Mississippi Senate
David Blount raised $207,221 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 29|
|David Blount (D)||9,567||58%|
|Richard White (W)||6,924||42%|
In 2009 David Blount collected $33,595 in donations. 
His five largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Mississippi Independent Pharmacies Association||$1,000|
|Mississippi Power Co.||$1,000|
|James Ashley Ogden||$1,000|
Blount and his wife, Katherine, have two children.
Post Office Box 1018
Jackson, MS 39215
1305 Saint Mary Street
Jackson, MS 39202
- David Blount's campaign website
- Mississippi Senator Page
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007
|Mississippi State Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|