|Mississippi State Senate District 29|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Blount joined the Mississippi State Senate in 2008. He has served in that position since, representing the 29th district.
Blount is a past Communications Director for the Mississippi Secretary of State's Office.
Blount attended both the University of Virginia and Davidson College.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Blount has been appointed to these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Drug Policy Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Education Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Elections Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Ethics Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Fees, Salaries and Administration Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division B Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Labor Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Public Utilities Committee, Mississippi Senate
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Blount is running for re-election to the Mississippi Senate District 29. He is running unopposed in the primary on August 2, 2011. Gerald Kucia and Steve Stanford are running in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 8, 2011. 
David Blount raised $207,221 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 29|
|David Blount (D)||9,567||58%|
|Richard White (W)||6,924||42%|
In 2009 David Blount collected $33,595 in donations. 
His five largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Mississippi Independent Pharmacies Association||$1,000|
|Mississippi Power Co.||$1,000|
|James Ashley Ogden||$1,000|
Blount and his wife, Katherine, have two children.
Post Office Box 1018
Jackson, MS 39215
1305 Saint Mary Street
Jackson, MS 39202
- David Blount's campaign website
- Mississippi Senator Page
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007
|Mississippi State Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|